Mobile eCommerce Stats in 2019 and the Future Shopping Trends – As predicted (based on numerous studies and mobile eCommerce statistics), mobile traffic became just as prevalent as desktop traffic (this happened back in 2015).
That’s why we’ve been emphasizing the importance of mobile responsiveness to our clients for years. Now, with more than half of all internet traffic shopping from a mobile device, it is extremely important to make sure your website is primed for mobile viewing.
If you’re trying to make improvements on your own, here are some tips to make your website mobile friendly:
- Your website should be programmed to intuitively adapt to whatever device is accessing it in order to provide the most user-friendly experience
- Tap-Friendly: make sure all buttons, links and calls to action have the appropriate size and margin to prevent errors.
- Text Phone Numbers: Make sure all phone numbers are text and not images so users can tap-to-call, or copy and paste the number to share with a friend.
- Visual Content: Since mobile websites are usually viewed on the go and on much smaller screens, utilizing visual content such as infographics and videos will be preferred over reading lengthy text.
- Main Navigation: increase padding around menu items so it’s easy for the user to read and tap on menu items.
- Contact Forms: Increase form input fields so it’s easy for the user to fill out the form.
The Most Important eCommerce Mobile Stats Include The Following:
- 77% of American’s own a smartphone
- Over 230 million U.S. consumers own smartphones
- Around 100 million U.S. consumers own tablets
- 79% of smartphone users have made a purchase online using their mobile device in the last 6 months
- Almost 40% of all eCommerce purchases during the 2018 holiday season were made on a smartphone.
- eCommerce dollars now comprise 10% of ALL retail revenue
- 80% of shoppers used a mobile phone inside of a physical store to either look up product reviews, compare prices or find alternative store locations
- An estimated 10 billion mobile connected devices are currently in use